We are now in Phase 2 of our Re-opening plan (see below) in which we have cautiously re-entered the building to continue In-Person Worship and Sunday School. Sunday School still starts at 10 a.m. and Worship starts at 11 a.m. Come join us!
|Church Activity||Phase 1||Phase 2||Phase 3|
|A.M. Worship||Drive-in/Facebook||In-Person w/Caution||In Person – Relaxed|
|P.M. Worship||None||None||In-Person – Relaxed|
|Sunday School||Online/Facebook/Mail||In-Person w/Caution||In-Person – Relaxed|
|Choir Practice||None||None||Full Choir w/Caution|
|Choir Presentation||None||Solos, Family Groups||Full Choir w/Caution|
|Prayer/Business Meeting||Online & In-Person w/Caution||In-Person w/Caution||Normal – Relaxed|
|Fellowships/Other Activities||None||Limited||Normal – Relaxed|
|Visitation/Counseling||Telephone/Zoom/Facebook||In-Person w/Caution||In-Person – Relaxed|
|Immuno-compromised||Online Only||Online Only||In-Person w/Caution|
Details of the Phase 2 Re-opening Plan, dated 5-27-20 can be found on our website under “Resources”. In this plan:
– Our Building is being freshly sanitized & cleaned on a regular basis;
– Precautionary signage is posted throughout the building;
– Sanitizing stations are strategically placed throughout the building containing hand sanitizer, facemasks, and tissues;
– Facemasks are encouraged but are not mandatory;
– Staff, Ushers/Greeters, and Security are following new safety guidelines;
– We are streaming our services on Facebook LIVE for those unable or not yet comfortable to join us in person; and
– We are continuing broadcasting our worship service to our Parking Lot for those who wish to Drive-in to listen to the service. The service can be found on 101.5 FM. (This will only work in the Parking Lot.)
– We are following new Worship Guidelines and Procedures for seating, greeting, Pastor’s Pals/Children’s Sermon, Choir/Special Music, Offering Collection, Lord’s Supper, Baptism, Invitation Time, & Worship Departure in accordance with CDC and Alabama Department of Public Health guidelines. A few highlights include:
– We are practicing 6-foot distancing in Sunday School & Worship with space between seats and pews, blocking off rows and seats as necessary;
– We are refraining from our normal greeting time in the worship service;
– We are not having a Nursery or Pastor’s Pals/Children’s Sermon during the service but encourage children to remain with their parents/guardians; and
– We are not passing offering plates in the worship service but instead have placed them at the rear of the sanctuary for individual donations.
Please read and follow all these guidelines to ensure a safe and comfortable experience for everyone.
Those that are at-risk (over 65 and/or have pre-existing health conditions (immuno-compromised)) OR are currently displaying COVID-19 symptoms:
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Are encouraged to stay home, avoid crowds, and not return to in-person worship and Sunday School until they feel safe and well.
We will continue to monitor Alabama Department of Public Health data and local conditions and make changes to this plan, if necessary. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly. Please share this information widely. Thank you very much! We look forward to seeing you on Sunday.
Brother Richard Richie, Pastor